Saturday, March 17, 2007

clatterford and the irish

SO. I watched Clatterford. I'm still baffled by the fact that there is a "BBC America Original" series. Judging by the commercials on BBC America I think their viewing audience is ~20.

Then it really boils down to one thing. I think the British got us all wrong.

So they say (in much more proper English than I will use), "Why does no one watch the BBC in the US?" And some whipper snapper marketer says "Because American's have ADD and need constant distractions!". And then just like that problem solved make a CRAZY BBC SHOW FOR AMERICA!

10 ZANY CHARACTERS AT ONCE? MAKE IT 20!! AMERICRAZY!

So let me bust out my marketer hat and break it down *insert beat box*. While we love some fast paced camera angle switching craziness, we really don't want the content. It just has to seem like a ton of content could be occurring. BBC you made the mistake of going american style TV + all that content. And what are you going to do with all that content, all that content in your trunk?

I'm going to going to get irish coffee.

No comments: